Have you noticed Vulkan Runtime Libraries installed in your list of programs on your Windows PC? Should you remove it? You will learn everything about these libraries in this article.
What is Vulkan Runtime Libraries?
Vulkan Runtime Libraries, usually referred to as VulkanRT, is a graphics API. If you’ve heard of DirectX or OpenGL, then think of it along the same lines.
Although not all video games use this run time library, some newer games use this driver module. It lowers overhead. As a result, you experience better performance with lower GPU usage. In the near future, expect a lot of video games to use this library.
Due to its increasing popularity, many video card manufacturers require you to have Vulkan Runtime Libraries installed on your PC to play video games.
Why graphic card manufacturers use Vulkan Runtime Libraries
1. Efficient multi-threading allows for smooth game performance
2. Lower overhead ensures minimal GPU usage
3. A simpler graphics driver
4. Better control over the graphics hardware
5- Open and modern architecture
6. Cross-platform with support for Windows, Linux, and Android
7. Supports iOS and Mac OS through third-party solutions
Why is it installed on my computer?
Many popular graphic card manufacturers are using VulkanRT to deliver better GPU performance. Some manufacturers such as NVIDIA and AMD ship Vulkan with graphic card drivers.
When you install drivers for your video card, Vulkan RT libraries are automatically installed on your PC. Even if you choose manual installation, you never see an option to skip Vulkan installation. That’s the reason many people don’t know about Vulkan.
Why does my antivirus program flag VulkanRT as a threat?
Although Vulkan libraries install silently, they are not a threat. Your antivirus might flag it as malware but you don’t have to worry about it. It’s a false positive that you can safely ignore.
Vulkan Runtime Libraries – Should I Remove it?
Should I keep Vulkan Runtime?
I’m sure this thought crossed your mind when you first saw this new component installed on your PC.
Don’t remove Vulkan Run Time Libraries. Without it, you may not be able to play your favorite games.
Just leave it alone.
If you remove this component, you may encounter the following problems.
1.Unable to set desired screen resolution
2. Poor HD video rendering
3. Overhead GPU causing crashes and glitches
4. Unable to play newer games
What if you have already removed it? Vulkan Runtime Libraries Download
As mentioned above, you should never remove Vulkan RT from your computer. If you have already made this mistake, you won’t be able to enjoy the latest video games.
Once removed, you can’t install Vulkan again as an independent application. The manufacturer doesn’t offer Vulkan Runtime Libraries as a download.
However, there is an easy way to get it back. Follow the steps below.
Find your graphic card manufacturer and model
The first step to download the graphic libraries is to figure out your graphic card details. Follow the simple steps below to find this information about your video card.
1. Click the ‘Start’ button
2. Type ‘Run’ into the search bar and hit Enter
3. You will see the ‘Run’ window where you can enter commands
4. Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter
5. A new window will open where you will have the option to open ‘Display’ properties
6. Note your display adapter manufacturer and model
Search for graphic card drivers
Once you have found your video card model and manufacturer, you can easily download its drivers. Follow the steps below.
1. Go to your graphic card manufacturer’s official support website
2. Search for drivers on the website
3. It’s usually under the Downloads section
4. Alternatively, you can look at official Vulkan page who also offer drivers for Vulkan-supported graphic cards
5. Select graphics drivers for your card according to your OS version
6. Download relevant drivers
Install video drivers on your PC
Now it’s time to install video drivers on your PC. Follow the steps below to complete this step.
1. Double-click on the file you downloaded in the previous step
2. A new window will pop up
3. Follow on-screen prompts to install the drivers
4. Once installed, reboot your computer
That’s it. Go to Features & Programs. You will see Vulkan Runtime Libraries installed.
Go ahead and run your favorite video game. You’ll love how smoothly it runs with Vulkanrt installed on your computer.