Grindr is a popular social network for gay, trans, bi, and queer men. In this article, we’ll explain how to get Grindr for your computer and install it on both Windows PC and Mac.
Viewing Grindr profiles on a big PC screen is way better than viewing them on a small mobile screen. So, when you want to meet new men, download Grindr for your computer.
- Features – What makes Grindr the best dating app for men?
- How does it work?
- How do you download Grindr for a computer?
- Grindr for Computer Review
Features – What makes Grindr the best dating app for men?
With Grindr, it’s easy to meet other men in the world. Meet men both near and far any time of day. You can also say ‘hi’ to your friends and share photos with them.
Grindr is the most popular dating app for bi and gay men. This app offers a free trial, but you’ll want to buy the premium account to enjoy all the features of this amazing app.
Read about the most amazing features of the app below.
- No advertisements or annoying ads in the app
- You can disable and enable push notifications for this app
- Get attention as a gay or bi man
- Increase your chance of meeting new men with Grindr Xtra
- Easy to narrow down search options to find your perfect match
- Save your favorite profiles
- You can block as many people as you want in order to keep unwanted people away
- Browse profiles by swiping
- You can use Grindr on a mobile device or download Grindr for a computer
- Grindr has a great design that makes it exciting to chat with friends
- Supports high-resolution devices, including mobile and PC
- It has many new app widgets to give users enhanced functionality
In the version of Grindr for computers, you can easily find your type. Use the search filters and browse the profiles that come up.
The app allows you to explore new places and meet like-minded people. Once you’ve made some friends, go ahead and meet them face-to-face.
How does it work?
Without further ado, let’s go over how Grindr works and how it connects gay and bisexual men.
Grindr uses location data from your device to build real-life connections. Based on your location, the app will find interesting men for you.
However, it’s important to note that this app won’t work unless you allow it to read your location. So be sure to turn on your location when using this app on Windows, Mac, or your mobile phone.
When you want to meet your next date, all you have to do is download and install Grindr. Create your account and the app will do the rest for you.
The app allows you to meet new people globally. It has a simple one-click interface that makes it easy to use the app.
While you chat with your new friends on Grindr, you can easily do other activities, too, such as streaming on Twitch or viewing live broadcasts. You can also follow other users while chatting.
How do you download Grindr for a computer?
Once you have learned about the features of this app, you’ll definitely want Grindr for your computer. Here are the requirements to run Grindr on a PC.
- You should be at least 18 years of age to use this app
- A free Grindr version is available with over 100 profiles of men from different categories
- To unlock all the features and block ads, you’ll need to purchase the premium membership
To get this app on your computer, follow the steps below.
Step 1: Download an emulator
The first step to get Grindr for a computer is to download an emulator. An Android emulator will run Android on your computer and allow you to run Android apps on a PC.
Below are your top options:
- Download Bluestacks
- Get Andyroid for PC
- Download Remix OS for a computer
- Manymo (an online emulator that runs inside your browser)
We suggest you download Bluestacks. Here are some reasons to choose this emulator over other options:
- Bluestacks is free to use
- Bluestacks offers an ad-free premium account in addition to free membership
- It works with most Android apps, including Grindr
- It’s stable and even works on an older computer
Once you’ve downloaded your favorite emulator, follow the step below to use Grindr on a computer.
Step 2: Install the emulator
Now that you’ve downloaded your favorite Android emulator from the links above, it’s time to install the program on your computer.
Here’s how to install this program on your PC in just a few minutes:
- Open the folder where you downloaded the Android emulator
- Double-click the installable file (with .exe extension)
- It will start the installation wizard
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- Once the installation is complete, you’ll see a desktop icon to run the program
- Double-click the desktop icon to run the Android emulator
If you’ve decided to use a Manymo emulator, you don’t have to download it. Simply follow these steps to make it work for you:
- Go to the official Manymo website
- Create a free account
- Sign in using your newly created account
- Now you can run the emulator
- The emulator will load in your web browser
It’s easy, simple, and fast. However, sometimes Manymo refuses new users due to server overload. If that happens, your only option is to download Bluestacks or another installable emulator on your PC.
Step 3: Run Grindr on a PC
Grindr for PC is a lot of fun since you have a bigger screen. The pictures look great and a bigger font makes it easy to read chat messages.
After installing your favorite emulator, simply follow these final steps to get Grindr on your PC:
- Run the emulator
- Open the Google Play Store from the App drawer in your emulator
- Once you have Play Store opened, use the search function to find the Grindr app
- After you find it, simply install the app by clicking the “install” button
- It should only take a minute for the dating app to install
Enjoy! You have successfully installed Grindr on your computer. You can now find the man of your dreams using this social dating app.
Grindr for Computer Review
Grindr is a popular app that thousands of gay, bi, and trans men use around the world. With this app, it’s easy to meet new people.
Getting Grindr for a computer is easy. You can run it inside an Android emulator installed on your PC.
Great value for the price
This dating app provides excellent value for the price. It’s easy to use and provides excellent privacy and safety features.
Once you upgrade from the free app, you won’t have any ads to worry about. That’s when you get real value from this app.
Grindr uses geo-targeting and offers targeted filters to help you find your perfect match.
With this geo-targeting feature, you can easily find someone living close to your home. You just need to make sure that you’ve enabled your location.
When you finally decide to meet someone in person, just be sure to take all security measures. Some users have reported fake profiles on this network.
Find hookups and make friends
Get Grindr for your computer or mobile device to find new hookups. However, you can also use this app to make some new friends.
The best thing about this app is that it lets you filter profiles. That way, you can always select who you want to meet and choose who to block.
100 free profiles
When you download and install this free app, you get access to 100 profiles of gay, bi, and trans men.
If you like the app, you can easily upgrade your account. You’ll get access to thousands of additional profiles.
Free and paid accounts
Grindr offers both free and paid accounts for its users.
When you have a free account, you have to live with the annoying pop-up ads. However, you can easily get rid of them by paying for a premium account.
Grindr Rating: 4.9 out of 5
Grindr is a useful dating app. Although it has some fake profiles, you’ll find a lot of genuine men.
This chatting app facilitates men to meet other bi, trans, and gay men. With free and paid options, you have every chance to find your soul mate on this network.
If you can’t download or install software on your PC, you can always use Manymo (an online emulator). It allows you to run the app on your PC without having to download anything.
Petr is a serial tech entrepreneur and the CEO of Apro Software, a machine learning company. Whenever he’s not blogging about technology for itechgyan.com or softwarebattle.com, Petr enjoys playing sports and going to the movies. He’s also deeply interested about mediation, Buddhism and biohacking.