The rise of online ticket resale platforms has revolutionized. It did it the way that fans buy and sell tickets for concerts, sports games, and other events. These platforms offer a convenient, fast, and often cheaper alternative to traditional ticket sales, but they also come with their own set of pros and cons.
Here’s a guide to help you navigate the world of these platforms and make the most of your ticket experience. Easy to read, hop in wherever you want and get the best tips on navigating the resale marketplace.
Pros of Online Ticket Resale Platforms
- Convenience: Online ticket platforms are available 24/7, and they make it easy to buy or sell tickets from the comfort of your own home. This eliminates the need to stand in line at the box office or waste time searching for tickets on other websites.
- Speed: Online ticket resale platforms often have fast and efficient checkout processes, so you can quickly and easily purchase tickets.
- More Availability: Online ticket resale platforms often have tickets available all the way up until the performance while traditional ticket sales channels might be sold out months in advance. This means that you’re more likely to find the tickets you want for popular events when you want them.
- Competitive Pricing: Online ticket resale platforms allow fans to set their own prices for tickets. This means that you may be able to find tickets for less than face value. This is especially true for events that aren’t sold out, where tickets may be available at discounted prices. However when they are sold out look for sites who have a price cap, like Tixel who makes sure you get fair price by capping prices.
Cons of Online Ticket Resale Platforms
- Scammers: Unfortunately, not all online ticket resale platforms are trustworthy. Some unscrupulous individuals use these platforms to scam customers by selling fake tickets, or by taking payment for tickets and not delivering them. An insider tip is to look for official resale partners. These are resale sites that partner with event organisers, venues or artists so they have a better ability to verify tickets.
- Hidden Fees: Online ticket resale platforms often charge fees for their services, which can add up quickly and increase the cost of your tickets. Make sure to read the fine print and understand all of the fees involved before making a purchase.
- Inconsistent Quality: Online ticket resale platforms are used by a wide range of individuals, which means that the quality of tickets can vary greatly. Some tickets may be front row, while others may have obstructed views or be far from the stage.
- No Guarantees: Some sites have little security so there’s no guarantee that you’ll actually receive the tickets you paid for. This is a risk that you’ll need to accept when buying tickets through these platforms. However, using the tips in this guide will help you avoid sites like that and find reliable platforms.
Tips for Navigating Online Ticket Resale Platforms
Do Your Research
Before buying tickets on an online ticket resale platform, do your research and make sure that the platform is reputable and trustworthy. Read reviews from other customers, and make sure that the platform has a clear refund policy in case of any issues.
Compare Prices When Navigating Online Ticket Resale Platforms
Online ticket resale platforms often have different prices for the same tickets. So it’s a good idea to compare prices across several platforms before making a purchase.
Check the Seat Location
Before making a purchase, check the seat location and make sure that it meets your expectations. Some platforms allow you to view an interactive seat map, while others provide a general description of the seats.
Use Secure Payment Methods
When purchasing tickets through an online ticket resale platform, make sure to use a secure payment method, such as a credit card or PayPal, to protect yourself from fraud. Find a platform that has a payment option you can trust and will protect your information.
Keep a Record of Your Purchase
Once you’ve made a purchase, make sure to keep a record of your tickets, including the date, time, location and seat numbers. This will come in handy if there are any issues with your tickets or if you need to prove your purchase.
Be Cautious of Third-Party Sellers
Some online platforms allow third-party sellers to list tickets for sale. So be cautious when buying tickets from these individuals. Make sure to research the seller and check their reputation before making a purchase. It’s best to use sites that require sellers to register.
Know Your Rights
When buying tickets through an online ticket platform, it’s important to understand your rights and the terms and conditions of the platform. Make sure to familiarize yourself with the platform’s refund and cancellation policies, as well as any restrictions or limitations that may apply to your tickets.
By following these tips and understanding the pros and cons of online ticket resale platforms, you can maximize your ticket experience and ensure that you have a great time at your next event. Whether you’re a seasoned ticket buyer or a first-time user, online ticket resale platforms offer a convenient and cost-effective way to buy or sell tickets for the events you love.
In conclusion, online platforms offer a great way to buy and sell tickets for concerts, sports games, and other events. Websites like Tixel are trying to protect fans and make the process better for everyone. However, it’s important to be cautious and informed when using these platforms, and to understand the pros and cons of each platform. By following these tips, you’ll be able to make the most of your ticket experience and enjoy all that your next event has to offer.
Petr is a serial tech entrepreneur and the CEO of Apro Software, a machine learning company. Whenever he’s not blogging about technology for itechgyan.com or softwarebattle.com, Petr enjoys playing sports and going to the movies. He’s also deeply interested in mediation, Buddhism and biohacking.