Are you missing your favorite video and want to rewatch it? Here’s how you can download and save videos to your system and watch them on your screen with IDM for Windows.
Check also serial keys for IDM.
IDM, or Internet Download Manager, is one of the top-rated download managers for Windows.
- 1 Why is IDM the best download manager for Windows?
- 2 Features at a glance
- 3 How does Internet Download Manager work?
- 4 Is there any alternative to IDM for Mac users?
- 5 How do you become a pro IDM user? How do you download at blazing speeds?
- 6 How do you crack IDM (Internet Download Manger)?
- 7 IDM Serial Keys – Are there any FREE keys out there?
- 8 Conclusion
Why is IDM the best download manager for Windows?
IDM provides you with all kinds of features, like save, schedule, resume, etc. IDM also provides a fast downloading speed based on your current best available bandwidth.
IDM supports Windows XP, 7, Vista, 8, 8.1, and 10. Here are a few reasons why IDM is considered the best download app.
Set priorities for downloads
IDM allows you to prioritize downloads. It allows the media files to download directly even while playing them on your browser.
Once you register the app with a working IDM serial number, you get access to all these advanced features.
Manage your downloaded videos
Internet Download Manager for Windows also manages your videos according to their status. You can see their download progress and arrange your offline videos.
Download YouTube videos
Surprisingly, IDM allows you to download YouTube videos. No need to download a separate YouTube downloader anymore.
Download using multiple streams
IDM has the capability to divide downloads into multiple streams for better downloading speed. It has a lot of protocols, such as FTP, HTTPS, MMS HTTP, and Microsoft ISA.
Batch download and more
IDM offers batch downloads, presents import/export download options, and allows auto/manual updating of download addresses.
Features at a glance
- Easy integration with popular web browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Chrome, and Avant
- Grab videos from any web page
- Drag and drop files to arrange them and set priorities
- Recover your downloads
- ZIP preview and HTTPS support for downloaded files
- Built-in virus scanning
- Progressive downloading
- Download at accelerated speeds
- Compatible with Windows 10
How does Internet Download Manager work?
When you download IDM and install it on your PC, it automatically integrates with your web browsers.
At the time of installation, the app installs add-ons for your browsers. Through these add-ons, it fetches download links from the videos you watch in a browser.
As soon as IDM recognizes a video, it displays a download window so that you can download the video to your computer.
With a single click, you can begin downloading the video. It downloads using multiple channels, so it’s blazingly fast.
Is there any alternative to IDM for Mac users?
Unfortunately, IDM only exists for Windows. So when you are using a Mac computer, you can’t enjoy downloads like you do with IDM on Windows.
Luckily, there are some alternatives that offer similar features for Mac users. One of the best IDM alternatives for Mac is Folx. Give it a try.
Folx isn’t as good as IDM for Windows but it does a decent job. Here is a quick look at its best features:
- Pause and resume downloads like you do in Internet Download Manager
- Fix broken downloads
- Simple and easy download controls
- Split downloads into two threads for high-speed downloading
- Manage your downloads using tags
- File preview for finished and in-progress downloads
How do you become a pro IDM user? How do you download at blazing speeds?
With IDM, you can easily get blazing download speeds. In addition, there are various hidden features that many users don’t know about. To become a pro user, follow these tips below.
- Change your LAN speed to 10mbps and the BPS to 10000000 from the configuration window in Connection Settings in IDM
- Add a download link manually in IDM with the “Add URL” button when your browser doesn’t support IDM
- Schedule your downloads and allow only one file to download at a time to get the fastest speed
- Use the Grabber feature to download all website content
How do you crack IDM (Internet Download Manger)?
Some users may want to crack their IDM app so that they can use pro features without having to pay for them.
It could be risky and might allow viruses and Trojans to steal data from your computer.
The right way to use IDM without having to pay for it is to download a FREE IDM serial key. We explain this in detail below.
IDM Serial Keys – Are there any FREE keys out there?
If you have downloaded a free version of IDM, copy an IDM key from the list below.
These keys will activate IDM instantly. Once activated, you can use the full version and enjoy the premium features.
IDM is the best download manager out there. You can download videos from almost any website with IDM for Windows. It integrates automatically with your browser.
When downloading with IDM, you get blazingly fast download speeds. Additionally, its simple user interface makes it easy to access advanced features. Overall, it’s among the best Windows apps out there.
Petr is a serial tech entrepreneur and the CEO of Apro Software, a machine learning company. Whenever he’s not blogging about technology for itechgyan.com or softwarebattle.com, Petr enjoys playing sports and going to the movies. He’s also deeply interested about mediation, Buddhism and biohacking.