This post is all about Windows XP product key. You can check the list of working keys here. Morevover, you will learn how to activate Windows XP with the key. How to change the key if you have Windows XP already installed. Lastly, how to activate Windows XP without a key.
Windows XP Operating system
Windows XP is an operating system created by Microsoft in 2001. Soon after its release, it became the most widely used personal operating system in the world.
Even today, it has thousands of users, despite the fact that Microsoft stopped providing support in 2011. There are no new updates available for this operating system.
You can’t update your Windows system by using a Windows XP serial key. If you’re still using this version of Windows, your system will work just fine, but it may cause some security issues on your computer.
Still, if you’re searching for a Windows XP product key, you have landed on the right page. Windows XP activation keys aren’t easy to find these days, but we have some working keys here. Try your luck with any of the free Windows XP keys found below.
Do you need a serial key to install Windows XP?
Windows XP has two types of licensing agreements.
1. VOL (Volume Licensing for Organization)
2. VLK (Volume Licensing Key)
If you have a copy of the Windows XP CD/DVD and you notice “VOL” written on it, you don’t need a Windows XP product key. You can install your copy of Windows without providing a serial key.
On the other hand, if “VLK” is written on your Windows CD/DVD, you have a retail edition of the operating system. You need to provide your genuine Windows XP product key to install the operating system.
Where is your Windows XP product key?
If you have the original Windows XP CD/DVD, the serial key is written on the box. If you can’t locate it on the CD/DVD or you don’t have the original CD/DVD, you won’t be able to find it easily.
Manually locating the Windows XP product key is nearly impossible because of the various encryptions that Microsoft uses. Therefore, your only options are the following.
Extract it using a key finder program
The first method to find the Windows XP product key is to use a key finder program. For this method to work, you need to install your copy of Windows on your computer using a stock key. Once Windows boots, you can follow the instructions below.
1. Download a key finder here
2. Install the program on Windows XP
3. Run the program and click on the “Find Serial Number” button
4. The program will display the serial number on the screen
5. Write down this serial number
Use a free Windows XP serial key
If you can’t find your serial key using the above method — or maybe you just don’t want to install a shady app on your PC — you can use a free Windows XP product key.
This method is simple, as you only need to scroll down and copy a serial key to proceed with the installation of Windows.
Do you need a Windows XP 32-bit or 64-bit key?
Should you use a serial key for Windows XP 32-bit or 64-bit edition? I know it’s a troubling question. Read the detailed answer below.
Windows XP was released for both 32-bit and 64-bit computers.
The bits (32 or 64) refer to your CPU’s architecture. If you have a 32-bit processor, you can only install a 32-bit operating system – Windows XP 32-bit, in this case. If you have a 64-bit processor, your CPU can handle a larger amount of memory and you should install the Windows XP 64-bit version.
When Windows XP launched, the majority of PCs were using 32-bit hardware. It meant that 90% of computers were equipped to run a 32-bit operating system at that time. However, you might have a 64-bit edition of Windows XP running on your PC.
To find out which version of Windows your computer is running, follow these steps.
1. Click on the Start button in Windows
2. Open System from the Start menu
3. Right-click on Computer and click on Properties
4. Now go to the System tab
5. Here you can see the system type
Note the version of Windows your computer is running from this screen.
Windows XP Product Key 32-bit
Windows XP Product Key for SP3
Windows XP Product Key 64-bit
How to Use Windows XP Home and Professional Product Keys
To use a Windows XP product key from above, follow the easy steps below.
1. Click on the Start button
2. Right-click on Computer and go to Properties
3. At the bottom, click on Windows Activation
4. Now you’ll have an option to change the Windows XP Professional product key
5. Click on this option and enter your Windows XP product key
6. Wait for the wizard to complete the activation process
Although the keys above work like a charm, we recommend that you don’t use Windows XP these days.
It’s not updated, and therefore your PC will be vulnerable to hackers and viruses. Your data could be at risk if you operate your computer using Windows XP.
If you insist, go ahead and use any free Windows XP product key. These are 100% working keys, as we regularly update our listings here at iTechGyan.
How to change a Windows XP product key
Sometimes you may want to change your Windows XP product key after you have installed it. Follow the easy steps below to change the serial key.
1. Click on the Start button in Windows XP and click on Run
2. Type “Regedit” when the Run dialogue box appears
3. Now the registry editor will open
4. Go to path Hkey_Local_machine\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\WPAEvents and open the registry key
5. Now right-click on OOBETimer, which you can see under the registry key, and click on Modify
6. You will see a value
7. Make a change in any digit and click on OK
8. Now click on Start again and open Run
9. Type “%systemroot%\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe/a” in the Run box and press Enter
10. A screen with the title “Let’s activate Windows” will appear
11. Select “Yes, I want to telephone a customer service representative to active Windows”
12. Now you will have an option to change the Windows XP product key
13. Type the new product key
14. Restart your PC for the new key to take effect
How to activate Windows XP without a key
It’s possible that none of the keys above are working for you. But there is a solution. Thankfully, you can install and then activate Windows XP without using a key. Here’s how to do it.
1. Click on the Start button in Windows
2. Now open the Run dialogue box
3. Type “Regedit” and hit Enter
4. Once the registry editor pops up, expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE entry
5. Open SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows NT > CurrentVersion > WPAEvents located under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
6. Once you’ve opened the WPAEvents registry entry, you will see the OOBETimer in the right panel
7. Double-click OOBETimer to change its value
8. Highlight all values and delete them
9. Enter the new value:
FF D5 71 D6 8B 6A 8D 6F D5 33 93 FD
10. Click OK
11. Now right-click on WPAEvents and click on Permissions
12. Once the Permissions window appears, click on the SYSTEM tab and click “Deny Full Control“
13. Now click OK, followed by YES on the next screen, and exit the registry editor
14. Restart Windows
15. After it restarts, press the Start button and bring up the Run dialogue box
16. Enter “%system” to bring up system information
17. Notice that your copy of Windows XP is now activated without using a Windows XP product key
We hope this article was useful. We update Windows XP keys regularly. If some of the keys aren’t working at this time, come back later for updated serial key lists.
Petr is a serial tech entrepreneur and the CEO of Apro Software, a machine learning company. Whenever he’s not blogging about technology for itechgyan.com or softwarebattle.com, Petr enjoys playing sports and going to the movies. He’s also deeply interested about mediation, Buddhism and biohacking.
12 thoughts on “Get Windows XP Product Key for Free”
it works perfectly!!! thanks.
Windows 7 ultimate product crack
I ave one
It is not really illegal, people buy the product keys and share them. They are still bought and are legal product keys.
plzzz…. im dying ….plz give me a windows 7 ultimate 64bit product key
thats illegal dude. you have to wait until they stop updating it.
I a Windows 7 ultimate product crack
Thanks for sharing the list.
Comments are closed.