How do you download Kik to your computer? It’s easy and only takes a few minutes to start chatting with your friends using Kik Messenger for PC.
Kik is available for Windows, Mac, and Android. That means you can run this app on almost every device. In this guide, you will learn how to download Kik for PC.
It’s easy. So don’t hesitate. Scroll down to get started with the following steps.
- 1 Why download Kik for PC? 6 Reasons you can’t ignore this app
- 2 How Do You Download Kik for PC?
- 3 Conclusion
Why download Kik for PC? 6 Reasons you can’t ignore this app
Kik Messenger for PC is one of the most popular apps. If you have friends, you don’t even need another reason to download this messenger. Simply put, it allows you to communicate with them and makes your conversations exciting with tons of features.
Here are some more reasons why you’ll want to download Kik for PC.
1. Unique chatting experience
Kik for PC Windows, Mac, and Android is a unique texting app that comes packed with plenty of exciting features. It provides a unique chatting experience and it REALLY cares about your privacy.
When chatting on Kik on a computer, you can stay anonymous. You can easily change your username and create new accounts. Many people download Kik because they want to stay anonymous on the Internet.
If you’re worried about your privacy when chatting on other messengers, give Kik for computer a try.
2. Integrated web browser
This messenger comes as a ‘complete’ app. It means you don’t have to leave the app when using it. You can send a message to anyone in your contact list, share files, and video chat.
Most importantly, you don’t have to leave the messenger window when you want to open a web pages. The app comes with a built-in web browser that pretty much does the job.
Many people download Kik for PC because they’re tired of switching between apps. They have to open a web browser when they want to see a webpage that their friend has sent in a chat.
With Kik for computer, you can click web pages to open them inside the messenger. You don’t need a dedicated browser app when you ‘ve installed Kik on your PC or phone.
3. Simple user-interface
This messenger has a simple user-interface, allowing you to use the app without reading any tutorials first. You don’t even need to ask your friends how to send a message using Kik. Just install the app. You’ll learn everything as you explore it.
4. Retrieve older chats
With this instant messenger, it’s easier than ever to retrieve your older chats using the ‘history’ feature. This feature is handy when you want to retrieve an important message that isn’t visible in the chat window anymore. It’s an important reason to download Kik for PC.
5. Continue chatting from where you left
When using Kik, you don’t have to worry about where you left off the last time you used the app. It always starts from where you left the app, allowing you to continue the conversation from the previous time.
6. Customization features
This instant messenger easily beats its competitors when it comes to customization. Kik is usually the first one to introduce new customization features, allowing users to chat like REAL people.
For example, you can change the chatting environment in Kik for your computer using chat themes. Similarly, you can change the notification ring tones for individual contacts.
It makes life a lot easier when you’re chatting with a lot of friends and want to give some of them high-priority. Set a distinctive notification tone and you won’t ignore their message.
Isn’t that a great reason to download Kik for PC? If you’re wondering how to download Kik on your computer, you have everything you need below in this guide.
So grab your reading glasses and scroll down.
How Do You Download Kik for PC?
You can easily download Kik for PC in just a few steps. Use either of the following approaches.
1. Using an Android emulator
2. No download/install method
Before you pick a method, read each one’s advantages below.
Why use the first method (download/install an Android emulator)?
The first method is where you download an Android emulator. Here are some reasons why you’d want to use this approach.
1. An Android emulator gives you a complete Android OS interface (just like an Android phone) on your computer
2. Apart from Kik on your PC, you can run plenty of other apps using a single software (emulator)
3. It’s not dependent on the Internet (although you need access to the Internet to use Kik messenger)
4. It’s more stable compared to online emulators (second approach) because you’ re actually running Android libraries on your computer
What’s so good about the second method (no download)?
The second method doesn’t require you to download any software. Here is why you would want to use this method.
1. No download or installation to worry about
2. Just open your browser and access Kik messenger
3. Run hundreds of Android apps on a PC without installing an emulator
Now that you know the advantages of both these methods, you can make a choice. Pick the method you like and follow the instructions below.
Method 1: Using an Android Emulator
To download and install Kik on your computer using this method, simply follow the easy steps below.
1. Download an Android emulator of your choice
An Android emulator gives you access to Android apps on your PC. It’s a piece of software that runs the Android virtual OS inside Windows/Mac OS. Put simply, it allows you to emulate an Android device on your computer.
Once you have emulated an Android device using an emulator, you can easily run the Kik app.
Android Emulators Options
Here are some great options for you to consider for an Android emulator.
Bluestacks is by far the best free Android emulator. You can install it on PC and Mac. The company provides official download options for both operating systems.
Bluestacks is our recommended emulator for its simple user-interface, free features, and stability.
Genymotion is another free emulator. It works with Kik for PC without any issues.
You can download it from this link.
Andryroid has recently released a new version that’s getting very popular. Some users have already replaced Bluestacks with Andyroid because of its powerful features.
Andyroid’s free version offers everything you need to download, install, and run Kik for PC on Windows and Mac.
Download Andyroid here.
2. Install and launch the emulator
Now that you have installed Bluestacks (or another emulator), it’s time to move to the next step. In this step, you will finally run the emulator so that you can install Kik on PC.
Follow the simple steps below.
1. Open the folder where you downloaded the Bluestacks file (or any other emulator)
2. Double-click on the .exe file to start the installation process
3. An installation wizard will run that will guide you through the process
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation
Now that you have installed the emulator, it’s time to test it out. Follow the instructions below.
1. Go to your desktop and locate the newly created icon for Bluestacks
2. If you can’t find the icon on your desktop, click Start and search for Bluestacks on your computer
3. Open the program either by double-clicking the desktop icon or by opening it from Start > All Programs > Bluestacks in your computer
4. The program will load and run the Android emulator on your PC
3. Get the Kik .APK file
It’s time to grab the .APK file for Kik Messenger on your PC. You need this file to install Kik on your computer.
To download Kik messenger on your PC, simply click the link below and get the .APK file.
Save the Kik for PC .APK file to your computer. We will be using it in the next step.
4. Run Kik Messenger on PC using Bluestacks
Finally, you are ready to run your favorite messenger on your PC. Follow the simple instructions below to complete this method.
1. Locate the .APK file that you downloaded in the previous step using File Manager on your computer
2. You will notice that the Kik .APK file has a Bluestacks logo on it
3. Double-click this file
4. Wait a few seconds
5. Bluestacks will automatically launch and run Kik
But what if double-clicking the APK file doesn’t open Bluestacks? Or maybe you installed another emulator. Follow the easy instructions below in either of the cases.
1. Right-click on the APK file and select ‘open with’
2. You will see a new window where you can select a program to open this file with
3. Select your emulator from this list
4. Click OK to run Kik Messenger for PC
That’s it. The emulator will launch and automatically load the APK file.
Now you can sign in to Kik and start chatting with your friends using Kik for PC on Windows.
Method 2: Download Kik for PC without Bluestacks (No download/install approach)
For some reason, you may not want to download an emulator on your PC. Your reason could be as simple as having limited bandwidth or not having administrative privileges on the computer you want to run Kik.
Whatever the reason, here’s a method to run Kik on your PC without requiring you to download or install an emulator on your PC. If you hear anyone saying ‘How do I download KIK on my computer’, refer him to this guide.
To help you, I’ve put it in a separate guide. To download Kik for PC without Bluestacks, simply follow instructions in this guide (KIK LOGIN ONLINE).
I hope this has helped and you can now use Kik for PC. It’s easy and takes only a few minutes. With Kik on your PC, you can easily chat with your friends using your laptop or desktop computer. You are no longer limited to using a mobile phone to be able to stay in touch with your friends.
Petr is a serial tech entrepreneur and the CEO of Apro Software, a machine learning company. Whenever he’s not blogging about technology for itechgyan.com or softwarebattle.com, Petr enjoys playing sports and going to the movies. He’s also deeply interested about mediation, Buddhism and biohacking.